Wednesday 10 November 2010

Club Night 9th Nov

Tonight we made a background called Faux Silk. I found this technique on Split Coast Stampers.
This is my Christmas Rose card. The Christmas Rose stamp is from a clear set by Woodware.
I have made the flowers with crepe paper, the instructions are here-- http://sdcardcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/07/your-wish-is-my-command-dot-lol-here.html
The punched border is made using some new punches that I have just got in the shop by Tonic, 
the background is using an embossing folder from Crafts Too and I sand papered over it.
Ok then this is how to make the Faux Silk background---
Take a piece of white tissue paper and stamp on it with any ink you choose but if you are going to colour in it needs to be a waterproof one, I have used Versafine Olympia Green, then I coloured in using Tombow water based markers.
Make sure it is dry then scrunch it up, then undo it but don't smooth it out too much.
Now take a piece of white card and cover with glue, I used Tombow glue stick as it has a slide-ability for a minute or 2.
Now place your crinkled tissue on to the card keeping some of the crinkles, you can slide the tissue around to make more or less crinkles.
Once it is dry I have sponged over with Cranberry Adirondack ink.



No comments:

Post a Comment